The YTR-9636 has a rich and attractive tone and is widely used in both solo and orchestral performance due to its natural ability to shift from C. It has a newly designed leadpipe with a unique shape. Transitioning between D and Eb involves changing the main tuning slide and first and third valve slides rather than by changing the bell.
- The YTR-9636 was developed with John Hagstrom of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- The new desdign incorporates a unique ”S”shape leadpipe configuration utilizing the MC1 leadpipe taper from the ”Chicago” series Artist Model trumpets. This helps to produce exceptional intonation and response characteristics.
- Hand-lapping pistons and slides ensures an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the piston and casing or slide parts. Such a perfect fit helps to achieve smooth air flow and smooth action and improve the response and intonation of the instrument.
- Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus allowing for an excellent scale and reduced resistance.
- A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell which allows continuous even vibrations.
- M bore 0.459″
- 4 7/8″ bell
- Yellow Brass Bell
- Silver Finish
- Set of slides in key of D
- Includes Yamaha 14B4 mouthpiece